11 Nov Romance: 20 Ways to Express Your Love
Romance… an expression of love… mysterious… ideal…chivalrous… When I looked up the definition of romance and romantic, just now, for the first time I think… I was surprised at how limited the definition felt.
Romance has always been a feeling… an experience… for me. It’s not something you are or that something is…it’s how an experience feels. I’ve known it when romance was there by how I felt in my body. There was an element of mystery or surprise… the unexpected or the less than ordinary… and absolutely a loving experience of being seen, cherished, honored.
What is romance for you? Some people will say they’re not romantic at all… while others say they are an
incurable romantic. It doesn’t matter where you fall on that spectrum… and it’s curious to note than by definition romance is loving expression.
How can you expression love in some new “romantic” ways?
Whether you’re on a date or it’s another Friday night after 30 years of marriage… try some of these out…
A Romantic Environment
- Dim the lighting
- Turn on music that stirs the feeling of love in you
- Create Privacy
- Candles in lots of places you wouldn’t normally put candles
- The backyard at dusk
- Chocolates under a pillow
- A gentle slow stroke down a cheek
- A slow kiss that seems to last forever, giving everything, demanding nothing
- A single flower
- A note in the fridge
- Walking in the moonlight
- Walking in the rain
- A picnic under your favorite tree
- Dancing in the kitchen
- Reading to each other (poetry is great, but anything, but a business book can work)
- Dancing cheek to cheek, body to body
- Slow sensual stimulation
- Eye gazing
- Flirting and teasing
- Unexpected words of affection
Play, practice, experiment… you can only get better at expressing love… and oooooh, the fun you can have!
In love, light and ecstasy,